Sapphire Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 pictured

Published: Jul 23rd 2016, 10:08 GMT

Here’s something for those looking forward to buying cheaper Polaris cards.

Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Platinum Edition

This model is kept in black and silver design with a back plate similar to the one from NITRO series.

From what I heard there will be reference RX 470 cards available for sale, so this card is Sapphire’s approach to affordable Polaris 10 PRO. Technically it looks like reference card, but it’s slightly modified to give it a unique look.

Little birds have told me that RX 470 will retail at 179 USD, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was indeed the price tag of this very card.

0f27acaf2edda3ccac7fd05e09e93901203f92c2

Sapphire Radeon RX 470 backplate

The RX 470 PCB has 4+1 phase design (RX 480 had 6+1). But the board is the same and it also features single 6-pin power connector.

Sapphire Radeon RX 470 (PCB)

Sapphire Radeon RX 460

But that’s not all, according to the leaker, this is Sapphire RX 460 (Nitro?). It will be available in two variants (2GB and 4GB), but not much is said apart from that.

This picture does not really tell us how long is the PCB of this model, so we are unable to determine if this model is based on reference PCB or is it using a custom board. It does however feature an impressive dual-fan cooling solution, which should be more than enough for sub-75W graphics card.

Sapphire Radeon RX 470 (Nitro)

Source: Baidu

Comment Policy
  1. Comments must be written in English.
  2. Comments must not exceed 1000 characters. Comment splitting is not allowed.
  3. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted.
  4. Discussions about politics are not allowed on this website.
  5. Sharing relevant links is permitted; avoid bypassing the link and word filters. Our team will approve links.
  6. Comments complaining about the post subject or its source will be removed.
  7. Offensive language in comments or usernames result in a ban.
  8. Direct attacks/harassment result in immediate ban.
  9. VideoCardz isn’t and was never sponsored by AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA. Users claiming otherwise will be banned.
  10. Moderators may edit/delete comments without notice.
  11. If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know through the Contact Page.
Hide Comment Policy
Comments