MSI: ‘Damn, [RX Vega] needs a lot of power’

Published: Jun 22nd 2017, 11:33 GMT   Comments

MSI marketing director spilled the beans on Radeon RX Vega power consumption — it’s high.

MSI: ‘Damn, [RX Vega] needs a lot of power’

At Tweakers forums, you can find a message from MSI marketing director, who admits to having seen the RX Vega specs. Here’s what he had to say:

which translates to this:

I’ve seen the specs of Vega RX. It needs a damn lot of power. We’re working on it, which is a start so launch is coming closer :)

Since my Dutch is not very good, I had it translated by a friend (thanks!).

This is the first confirmation that AMD is already sharing details of RX Vega lineup with partners. The launch is coming closer as we are still 5 weeks for RX Vega to arrive. However, there is a very good chance we will be seeing custom designs at launch.

As for the power consumption, I don’t think anyone expected it to be lower than Frontier’s, which has a board power of 300W (air-cooled) or 375W (liquid edition).

Many thanks to kinger9119 for the tip!

Source: Tweakers

Comment Policy
  1. Comments must be written in English.
  2. Comments must not exceed 1000 characters. Comment splitting is not allowed.
  3. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted.
  4. Discussions about politics are not allowed on this website.
  5. Sharing relevant links is permitted; avoid bypassing the link and word filters. Our team will approve links.
  6. Comments complaining about the post subject or its source will be removed.
  7. Offensive language in comments or usernames result in a ban.
  8. Direct attacks/harassment result in immediate ban.
  9. VideoCardz isn’t and was never sponsored by AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA. Users claiming otherwise will be banned.
  10. Moderators may edit/delete comments without notice.
  11. If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know through the Contact Page.
Hide Comment Policy
Comments