Friday, November 4th 2016

ASUS Announces the ROG G701VI Gaming Notebook

ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced G701VI, a slim and stylish gaming laptop with overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics for incredible virtual-reality (VR) gaming performance. ROG G701VI has a wide-viewing-angle display that features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and an ultra-fast 120 Hz refresh rate for smooth and fast gaming visuals. It also has an anti-ghosting keyboard with 30-key rollover technology for total gaming control.

The VR Ready NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card used in ROG G701VI provides exceptional graphics performance and energy efficiency to give gamers incredible VR gaming experiences. ROG G701VI is the world's first laptop with a super-fast 120Hz wide-viewing-angle panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology. NVIDIA G-SYNC reduces lag, minimizes frame-rate stutter and eliminates visual tearing. It gives gamers the smoothest and fastest gaming experience, all without affecting system performance.
Powered and designed for immersive gaming
ROG G701VI is powered by an unlocked Intel Core i7 ('Skylake') processor to give gamers incredible desktop-grade gaming performance. It also features up to 64GB of 2400MHz DDR4 memory, which delivers up 20 percent more performance and 30 percent more energy efficiency over 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.

An anti-ghosting keyboard with 30-key rollover technology ensures multi-keystroke in-game commands are correctly logged even when gamers hit several keys simultaneously. In addition, a built-in ESS DAC and amplifier provide richer, more detailed in-game audio, strong bass and less distortion.

ROG G701VI has an incredibly thin 32.5mm profile and sports the new ROG Bio-Armor design and the new ROG Armor Titanium and Plasma Copper color scheme.
Add your own comment

14 Comments on ASUS Announces the ROG G701VI Gaming Notebook

P4-630
Nice gaming laptop but I don't think I will ever buy another gaming laptop again besides the G750JX that I've bought in 2014.
Posted on Reply
RejZoR
Is there really a need for 64GB of RAM? I have 32GB in my desktop and it feels like total absolute overkill.
Posted on Reply
yotano211
I will never buy another Asus laptop in my life, they are so hard to clean the fans out. My first and last one was the Asus g73jh, I had to completely disassemble it to get to the fans. A 1 hour job to just clean the fans. My current laptop, 4 screws, take off the bottom cover to clean the fans and heatsink, 10 minutes max.
Posted on Reply
pigulici
Some are more easy than other, some, even to change hdd, you must dissamble all...most laptops(from most fabricants) will take ~1hour to clean and change the thermal paste...
Posted on Reply
erixx
I love my ROG from 2014, can't remember the model, it's heavy but so good for work and games. (i do not move it walking much, just to the tavern in front haha)

HDD(SDD) and RAM exchange is so easy, but ok, you ask about fan cleaning... How about using pressurized air?

But after fully opening it once and barely reassambling it back right I won't do that again! (Eyes and hands are not the best anymore...)
Posted on Reply
P4-630
erixxI love my ROG from 2014, can't remember the model, it's heavy but so good for work and games.
I agree.

The thing is I have upgraded mine to 16GB ram and took the spinner out from the 2 drives and replaced that one with an SSD, in the end I spent about 1900 Euros.
Now I have a desktop with GTX1070 which cost me a total of 1800 Euros.
(I must add that I didn't have the space for a desktop in 2014 which why I bought that laptop)
These Asus gaming laptops are just so expensive in my country.:(
Posted on Reply
Rockarola
yotano211I will never buy another Asus laptop in my life, they are so hard to clean the fans out. My first and last one was the Asus g73jh, I had to completely disassemble it to get to the fans. A 1 hour job to just clean the fans. My current laptop, 4 screws, take off the bottom cover to clean the fans and heatsink, 10 minutes max.
Heh, my old Dell (yeah, I know) required a three man crew, heavy equipment and intimate knowledge of explosives, and that was just for cleaning...don't get me started on upgrading !
Posted on Reply
Prima.Vera
RejZoRIs there really a need for 64GB of RAM? I have 32GB in my desktop and it feels like total absolute overkill.
Just to justify the stupid price. Anything above 16GB is overkill, especially on 1080p.
Posted on Reply
pigulici
I have 24gb on my rog, but I work a lot with Photoshop, so for some, it is need it a lot of ram...and, usually it is cheaper to buy with all...
Posted on Reply
notb
Prima.VeraJust to justify the stupid price. Anything above 16GB is overkill, especially on 1080p.
That depends what you're using the laptop for. Not everyone uses is for games only.
You can easily fill 16 GB during 3D rendering, numerical calculations and video processing (or even with large stills).

I personally use RAMDisk a lot (e.g. to seriously speed up MS Access), so every additional GB is a bless.
Posted on Reply
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
notbThat depends what you're using the laptop for. Not everyone uses is for games only.
You can easily fill 16 GB during 3D rendering, numerical calculations and video processing (or even with large stills).

I personally use RAMDisk a lot (e.g. to seriously speed up MS Access), so every additional GB is a bless.
Aye this. Add a VM or two.

"Why use a gaming laptop for that anyway?", one might ask. Because they are fast and they can even be of good value if compared to high end mobile workstations. The problem with them is that they generally look tacky as crap. This one is not too bad though.
Posted on Reply
Tartaros
yotano211I will never buy another Asus laptop in my life, they are so hard to clean the fans out. My first and last one was the Asus g73jh, I had to completely disassemble it to get to the fans. A 1 hour job to just clean the fans. My current laptop, 4 screws, take off the bottom cover to clean the fans and heatsink, 10 minutes max.
It doesn't depend on the brand, it's the model. Every model has its own build since there isn't a standard for laptops. I have an old asus core 2 quad laptop and is the easiest to access to the main parts in the motherboard and dissasembling I ever had.

Before buying one you always should look up a teardown guide if you plan on cleaning or upgrading it.
Posted on Reply
yotano211
TartarosIt doesn't depend on the brand, it's the model. Every model has its own build since there isn't a standard for laptops. I have an old asus core 2 quad laptop and is the easiest to access to the main parts in the motherboard and dissasembling I ever had.

Before buying one you always should look up a teardown guide if you plan on cleaning or upgrading it.
Mostly why I stick with Clevo models, for this new laptop cycle, I found a MSI barebones and was able to get a dekstop processor and a 1070 for cheap. Also easy to clean and upgrade further.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment
May 7th, 2024 07:58 EDT change timezone

New Forum Posts

Popular Reviews

Controversial News Posts