AMD Radeon RX Vega reference card leaked

Published: Jul 25th 2017, 16:27 GMT   Comments

It appears that the reference model of Radeon RX Vega has been leaked.

AMD Radeon RX Vega smiles for camera

Again, we don’t know which model this is, but we might be looking at Radeon RX Vega with full Vega 10 GPU. As far as I know, cut-down Vega will only be released by AIBs.

So how do we know it’s not Polaris? The board number you can see above the PCIe interface is the exact same number you can find on AMD Radeon Vega Frontier. This is the same board, just adopted for RX series. It’s Vega-based card for sure.

They only had this card for few hours, but they promised exclusive RX Vega FreeSync vs GTX 1080 Ti G-Sync comparison to be published later. It’s worth noting that AMD asked him to compare it with GTX 1080 non-Ti:

Just a little tease here as to what is coming this week. RX Vega FreeSync vs. GTX 1080 Ti G-Sync Blind Gaming test video being edited now. All done at my house, with gamers with a couple hundred years of twitch gaming experience. All system UEFI and OS set up by me personally. […] AMD wanted me to use a 1080. […]

AMD hand delivered this card to my house on Saturday morning, and took it with them Saturday evening. That all said, this card was an engineering sample but I was specifically told that it was representative of retail product. So basically a “reference” card built outside of mass production.

We don’t know what happened to the card from leaked teaser from Chinese event, but it might just be one of the variants of Radeon RX Vega.

Comment Policy
  1. Comments must be written in English.
  2. Comments must not exceed 1000 characters. Comment splitting is not allowed.
  3. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted.
  4. Discussions about politics are not allowed on this website.
  5. Sharing relevant links is permitted; avoid bypassing the link and word filters. Our team will approve links.
  6. Comments complaining about the post subject or its source will be removed.
  7. Offensive language in comments or usernames result in a ban.
  8. Direct attacks/harassment result in immediate ban.
  9. VideoCardz isn’t and was never sponsored by AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA. Users claiming otherwise will be banned.
  10. Moderators may edit/delete comments without notice.
  11. If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know through the Contact Page.
Hide Comment Policy
Comments