Wednesday, February 15th 2017

AMD Ryzen Reviews and Shipping Coming on February 28th

Slight update on the Ryzen Event: reports confirm that Ryzen samples are finding their way to reviewers' hands, with the company's NDA being lifted on the 28th February - and the launch of AMD's flagship 1800X, 1700X and (my favorite so far) 1700 models on the same day. The remaining models in AMD's 17-strong Ryzen product-line are expected to follow a little later, on March 2nd.

Early leaked benchmarks have hailed the Ryzen launch as the second coming of a competitive CPU landscape for the first time in years, and as a turning point for AMD's position in the market. Fingers crossed, people: competition (alongside sufficient supply) is the holy grail for a consumer's wallet. Let's hope this is the much-needed spark towards reviving the CPU market and inciting future product development.
Add your own comment

56 Comments on AMD Ryzen Reviews and Shipping Coming on February 28th

ironwolf
Yuck. They should be lifting the NDA 1-2 days prior to the launch, so people can see some actual performance numbers and reviews. I was looking at a launch day purchase, provided there were good reviews beforehand. Going to wait now. Not sure how stock numbers are going to look, might miss out on the first batch. I'll live. Maybe. :p
Posted on Reply
dat_boi
Can't wait for that 8core Ryzen for the price of the current 8core fx-8300. Watch me Intel fanboiz, I won't have to buy another CPU for at least a decade, hehe. AMD would never cuck its fanboys.
Posted on Reply
dorsetknob
"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
dat_boiAMD would never cuck its fanboys
:) they did piledriver and bulldozer them :)
Still we all mostly wish AMD well
Posted on Reply
alucasa
dorsetknob:) they did piledriver and bulldozer them :)
Good one.
Posted on Reply
yoyo2004
dorsetknob:) they did piledriver and bulldozer them :)
Still we all mostly wish AMD well
CAUSE WE HAVE SINNED!
Now all good:rockout:
Posted on Reply
BackSlash
Can't wait!!!

And what about the Mobos ???? X370 for sure, but .....which one???

Reviews plz..... :)

btw: anyone thinking about 1700x ?
Posted on Reply
alucasa
My main PC usage is rendering, so single-core performance isn't that important. And, since AMD has been using Blender as their prime example to show its performance, it is likely that Zen will hold some of its hype so far.

As long as it gets to reach 1,500 points in Cinebench, I will go for it. But I ain't naive enough to go for day-one purchase.
Posted on Reply
TheGuruStud
ironwolfYuck. They should be lifting the NDA 1-2 days prior to the launch, so people can see some actual performance numbers and reviews. I was looking at a launch day purchase, provided there were good reviews beforehand. Going to wait now. Not sure how stock numbers are going to look, might miss out on the first batch. I'll live. Maybe. :p
march 2nd is launch, apparently www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/23387-amd-ryzen-lanseras-den-2-mars
Posted on Reply
Nabarun
Don't care. Get the vega out asap
Posted on Reply
UrbanCamper
While i loved my 4.6ghz fx8350 i ended up buying a i5 6600k which beat the crap out of it. i felt so bad for leaving AMD but those processors where just terrible compared to intel.

Now i will be happy with a nice 1700x on an x370mb of course.

I think I will just toss the i5 6600k in the trash.(kidding I will give it to one of my gaming buddies)
Posted on Reply
Chaitanya
Eagerly waiting for end of month.
Posted on Reply
chaosmassive
So since TPU has entered NDA pact with AMD
is this mean that no more leak from now on?
:(
Posted on Reply
eddman
If the single threaded performance is competitive with intel, I'd go head first for a Ryzen 3, which I assume should be able to, more or less, compete with i5 at a near i3 price.

Two cores is not enough and I don't need more than 4C/4T.

This might force intel to drop i5's prices.
Posted on Reply
Naito
MWC and Ryzen. Should be a good end to February!
Posted on Reply
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
alucasaMy main PC usage is rendering, so single-core performance isn't that important. And, since AMD has been using Blender as their prime example to show its performance, it is likely that Zen will hold some of its hype so far.

As long as it gets to reach 1,500 points in Cinebench, I will go for it. But I ain't naive enough to go for day-one purchase.
Blender is great for Stability Testing for my rig lol
Posted on Reply
RejZoR
AMD Ryzen release on 29th of February. XD
Posted on Reply
coolernoob
:respect:"Fingers crossed, people: competition (alongside sufficient supply) is the holy grail for a consumer's wallet. Let's hope this is the much-needed spark towards reviving the CPU market and inciting future product development." AMEN:respect:
Posted on Reply
bistrocrat
coolernoob:respect:"Fingers crossed, people: competition (alongside sufficient supply) is the holy grail for a consumer's wallet. Let's hope this is the much-needed spark towards reviving the CPU market and inciting future product development." AMEN:respect:
:respect::respect::respect: even though I will buy intel I need this RyZen so much
Posted on Reply
ratirt
What's the difference among the X pro and nothing CPU's. Well X has the XFR feature and 95 Watt the 1700 has 65Watt and what does pro give? 95 Watt no XFR?
Posted on Reply
JalleR
Yeaaaarrr.... cheap Second hand I7 for me........ :D

And hopefully a kick to intel so they can come out of Idle development..... :)
Posted on Reply
RejZoR
I already have a 5820K brute, but I just want to buy the R7 1800X for some reason lol. I like AMD CPU's. Just not the ones from Bulldozer era.
Posted on Reply
HammerON
The Watchful Moderator
Looks like the R7 X1800 might be a good cpu for crunching (BOINC)...
Will be interested in actual performance reviews.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment
May 23rd, 2024 03:25 EDT change timezone

New Forum Posts

Popular Reviews

Controversial News Posts