Monday, January 22nd 2018

AMD Reveals Specs of Ryzen 2000G "Raven Ridge" APUs

AMD today revealed specifications of its first desktop socket AM4 APUs based on the "Zen" CPU micro-architecture, the Ryzen 2000G "Raven Ridge" series. The chips combine a quad-core "Zen" CPU with an integrated graphics core based on the "Vega" graphics architecture, with up to 11 NGCUs, amounting to 704 stream processors. The company is initially launching two SKUs, the Ryzen 3 2200G, and the Ryzen 5 2400G. Besides clock speeds, the two are differentiated with the Ryzen 5 featuring CPU SMT, and more iGPU stream processsors. The Ryzen 5 2400G is priced at USD $169, while the Ryzen 3 2200G goes for $99. Both parts will be available on the 12th of February, 2018.

The Ryzen 5 2400 features an 4-core/8-thread CPU clocked at 3.60 GHz, with a boost frequency of 3.90 GHz; 2 MB of L2 cache (512 KB per core), and 4 MB of shared L3 cache; and Radeon Vega 11 graphics (with the 11 denoting NGCU count), featuring 704 stream processors. The iGPU engine clock is set at 1250 MHz. The dual-channel DDR4 integrated memory controller supports up to 64 GB of dual-channel DDR4-2933 MHz memory. The Ryzen 3 2200G is a slightly cut down part. Lacking SMT, its 4-core/4-thread CPU ticks at 3.50 GHz, with 3.70 GHz boost. Its CPU cache hierarchy is unchanged; the iGPU features only 8 out of 11 NGCUs, which translate to 512 stream processors. The iGPU engine clock is set at 1100 MHz. Both parts feature unlocked CPU base-clock multipliers; and have their TDP rated at 65W, and include AMD Wraith Stealth cooling solutions.
Add your own comment

97 Comments on AMD Reveals Specs of Ryzen 2000G "Raven Ridge" APUs

plåtburken
Am I the only one who is worried that the iGPU will be underwhelming?
Posted on Reply
btarunr
Editor & Senior Moderator
plåtburkenAm I the only one who is worried that the iGPU will be underwhelming?
I think the Vega 11 will be able to do PUBG at 1600x900.
Posted on Reply
Melvis
Ya I think you are, I think these will be very impressive, look at there Mobile APU's in gaming and thats a 15W unit, pretty impressive really.

I cant wait to get one of these and build it into my itx case (INWIN Chopin) and be able to play games.
Posted on Reply
ShurikN
2200G looks compelling at $100
Posted on Reply
_JP_
I like the part where the supported RAM speed is bumped to 2993...and this for DC-DR. DC-SR should do 3200MHz, I hope. :)
Posted on Reply
FYFI13
Wait, no HBM on these?
Posted on Reply
bug
I'm not worried, I don't use IGPs anyway.
But I'm looking at a CPU that can go toe to toe with my i5-6600k, yet it only costs $99. You gotta love that.
Posted on Reply
Mussels
Freshwater Moderator
These look good

If only DX12 multi GPU had picked up more, having these as a secondary GPU would have been fantastic
Posted on Reply
Liviu Cojocaru
These APU's look very promising, it's gonna be a great option for a casual gamer, the price is amazing imo.
Posted on Reply
ArbitraryAffection
When I saw the first die shots of Raven Ridge I knew the cache was only 4MB L3. You can physically see the fewer blocks on the silicon in the CCX. I wonder why AMD went with a smaller L3 on Raven Ridge? There is a marked performance loss from having half the accessible L3 cache you can tell from Ryzen 5 1400 and 1500X at the same frequencies. Perhaps it was to save die space? Power consumption? Or both. Hm.
Posted on Reply
bug
ArbitraryAffectionWhen I saw the first die shots of Raven Ridge I knew the cache was only 4MB L3. You can physically see the fewer blocks on the silicon in the CCX. I wonder why AMD went with a smaller L3 on Raven Ridge? There is a marked performance loss from having half the accessible L3 cache you can tell from Ryzen 5 1400 and 1500X at the same frequencies. Perhaps it was to save die space? Power consumption? Or both. Hm.
Cutting back on die size is the safest way to lower the production cost, maybe that has something to do with it?
Posted on Reply
plåtburken
MelvisYa I think you are, I think these will be very impressive, look at there Mobile APU's in gaming and thats a 15W unit, pretty impressive really.

I cant wait to get one of these and build it into my itx case (INWIN Chopin) and be able to play games.
This doesn't look impressive at all, it looks very underwhelming.
bugI'm not worried, I don't use IGPs anyway.
But I'm looking at a CPU that can go toe to toe with my i5-6600k, yet it only costs $99. You gotta love that.
Yeah that part does sound amazing.
Posted on Reply
krusha03
plåtburkenThis doesn't look impressive at all, it looks very underwhelming.
Have you ever played something on the IGP of an Intel ULV? That is very impressive
Posted on Reply
plåtburken
krusha03Have you ever played something on the IGP of an Intel ULV? That is very impressive
I don't see how it's impressive to beat a dead horse in a competition.
Posted on Reply
First Strike
ArbitraryAffectionWhen I saw the first die shots of Raven Ridge I knew the cache was only 4MB L3. You can physically see the fewer blocks on the silicon in the CCX. I wonder why AMD went with a smaller L3 on Raven Ridge? There is a marked performance loss from having half the accessible L3 cache you can tell from Ryzen 5 1400 and 1500X at the same frequencies. Perhaps it was to save die space? Power consumption? Or both. Hm.
Good for you. I never realized that until you pointed it out. I thought all CCXs are born equal.
Posted on Reply
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
MusselsThese look good

If only DX12 multi GPU had picked up more, having these as a secondary GPU would have been fantastic
Aye, it' the one tech I actually would have cared about.

Looking forward to reviews!
Posted on Reply
IceShroom
Good to see DDR4 2933 MHz default speed. Sad part though there are no 2666 MHz JEDEC kit let alone 2933 MHz one.
Posted on Reply
Vya Domus
FYFI13Wait, no HBM on these?
These APUs where never supposed to have HBM. You can't even put HBM in there , too little room.
Posted on Reply
bug
Vya DomusThese APUs where never supposed to have HBM. You can't even put HBM in there , too little room.
Idk, Intel managed to fit HBM in there somehow.
You could argue using HBM would place this in the wrong price category, that would make a little more sense ;)
Posted on Reply
Basard
bugIdk, Intel managed to fit HBM in there somehow.
You could argue using HBM would place this in the wrong price category, that would make a little more sense ;)
Yrah, Intel did, but did you see the package size?
Posted on Reply
Vya Domus
BasardYrah, Intel did, but did you see the package size?
Apparently not and neither the socket used.
Posted on Reply
bug
BasardYrah, Intel did, but did you see the package size?
I did, but Intel had to stitch together chips from different manufacturers. AMD could have easily cut back on space usage. I mean, it would have been the size of this Raven Ridge chips + the size of HBM (and they could have probably used only one or two HBM chips).
Posted on Reply
krusha03
plåtburkenI don't see how it's impressive to beat a dead horse in a competition.
It's impressive because the GPU + CPU is 15W. Show me another GPU with 15W that can do better?
Posted on Reply
Parn
Just need the 400 series chipset with all the latest connectivities and this platform is going to be the best budget gaming desktop.
Posted on Reply
RejZoR
These are desktop APU's. But being a 65W solution and if it can run modern games at 1080p using medium settings, that's impressive. Seeing how fast Stoney Ridge APU is being a low end part on old 28nm process, these Ryzen ones are gone be nice for those tiny PC's.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment
Apr 20th, 2024 08:22 EDT change timezone

New Forum Posts

Popular Reviews

Controversial News Posts